Wednesday, August 22, 2007

April 21: Thursday and Friday

Happy Anniversary to us!! Thursday was our 10th wedding Anniversary. I'm so blessed to have been given such a wonderful gift in my husband. I cannot believe that we've been married for 10 years already. It seems as though it's only been a few days. I can't wait to see what joys the future will bring.

I ended up spending all day Thursday shopping, so I didn't get to do any real sightseeing. But I still had fun! I picked David up after the conference and we headed off to dinner. We ate at a place called Europa. It was a fantastic place tucked away in a neat little spot. I knew it was going to be pretty "swanky" and it sure delivered. Our first clue was a sign on the door that said, "No Cell Phones, please." When we arrived, there were only a few people, but it quickly filled up. Our waiter was very nice and personable, which made us feel a little more at ease. Since the choices for drinks were either water or wine, (what, no cokes???) we opted for the water. We both chose the same entree for dinner, which was the filet and lobster. The word "divine" doesn't even begin to describe the whole experience. It was everything I hoped it would be. What a fabulous way to celebrate our special day.

Friday was me and David's first day to spend together, and how did we spend it????....Going to separate attractions. I really wanted to ride up the aerial tram to the top of the San Jacinto Mountain, but David liked the idea of staying closer to sea level. There's a World War II plane museum in Palm Springs, so I dropped him off there while I went to scale the mountain. It was a cloudy day with sprinkles of rain, so at the top of the mountain, there was absolutely no view. But it was a cool ride and I got to see snow...it was snowing at the top! It wasn't heavy at all, just light flurries, but it was cool (literally), none the less. After coming back down, I went back to the museum and picked David up, and we were finally able to spend time together. We had a late lunch, then took in a movie at the IMAX. It started raining when we came out, so we decided to call it an early night, and get some rest.

No comments: