Wednesday, August 22, 2007

July 22: Megan's tooth

Well, Megan's first visit from the tooth fairy came this week. I guess I should say first "real" visit. As you know, her top tooth got busted out a year and a half ago, so this is the first natural tooth loss. Her two bottom teeth have been loose for several weeks now and I finally was able to get in and get one of the teeth out. The big day was on Tuesday. She would let me feel it and wiggle it, but she just didn't want me to get it out yet. So, I kind of tricked her and made her think that I wasn't pulling it, when out it came! She didn't even know it until we after we went into the bathroom to swish some water. I unfolded the napkin that I had used and out dropped her tooth. She didn't know what to think, but after the shock wore off, she was so excited. She was anxious to get to bed and put her tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy. I wanted to get a video of her waking up and finding what the tooth fairy left, but she woke up before I could get there. She came into my bathroom SOOO excited and showed us what the tooth fairy left. She got a dollar bill and three quarters and even a note from the tooth fairy herself! She couldn't wait to tell and show all of her friends at church. As you see, her permanent tooth is already coming in. The other middle bottom tooth is loose, too. It will probably be out by the end of the week. I'll be sure to get a great picture of her new toothless grin!

No comments: